Have you ever finished doing your eye makeup only to find that your eyes seemed dull or sunken?
It can totally ruin your mood, especially if you’re not sure how to fix it, but it’s good to concentrate on what you’re supposed to gain from eye shadow.
What should eye shadow do?
When you use eye shadow, it should accentuate your eyes and make them seem larger and brighter.
With that in mind, let’s check out some eye shadow ideas. These are sure to draw everyone’s attention to your eyes when you walk into the room.
- 1 Six Pro Eye Shadow Ideas To Make Your Eyes Amazing
- 2 Related Questions
- 3 Conclusion
Six Pro Eye Shadow Ideas To Make Your Eyes Amazing
Use The Power Of Three
Applying eye shadow isn’t just about layering on a bunch of different colors. It’s about using both light and dark shades of eyeshadow and knowing where to apply them to create more depth.
You will need three colors: a light one, a medium one, and a dark one.
- Start with the light color on the eyelid, all the way from the brow bone to the lash line. This is basically a layer of eye shadow that will smooth your eyelid and hide any discoloration on it.
- Then, apply the medium color to your lid, all the way up to the crease.
- Apply the darkest shade as close to the lash base as possible. You should start at the inner corner of the eye and move around to the outer corner.
- Make sure you blend the colors so that you don’t see where one ends and the other begins.
Focus On Your Eye Color
If you’ve ever applied an eye shadow color only to find it looked a bit odd or made your eyes seem washed out, this was probably as a result of wearing a color on your eyelids that didn’t complement your eye color.
For the best results, you need to use a color wheel to choose colors that are the opposite to your eye color. This is what makes them pop!
So, for example, brown eyes will look good with purple tones. Other tips for choosing eye shadow according to your eye color include the following:
- For blue eyes, cool tones of blue or grey can work wonderfully – grey and silver are also opposite blue on the color wheel. However, a rich brown can also be complementary. If you want to do a smokey eye, a brown one can be more flattering.
- For green eyes, subtle or bold shades of orange and red can work beautifully on green eyes, as can pink, coral, and gold. They’re sure to make your eyes dazzle!
- For brown eyes, the warm tones of brown, copper, and gold work beautifully on brown eyes. But don’t be afraid to try richer colors, such as navy and eggplant.
Always Wear Eye Liner
Eye liner makes eye shadow much more dramatic and eye-catching. Without it, your eye shadow might feel like it’s lingering around but not on the center stage.
If you have light eyes it’s probably a good idea to choose a brown eyeliner as this won’t be too harsh. On the other hand, brown eyes look beautiful with black liner.
Add A Sparkly Color
A little sparkle can be just what you need to make your eyes dazzle.
Some shimmery eyeshadow can work wonders, but don’t apply it all over the eyelid as that’s so 90s! Rather apply it underneath your eyebrows and in the inner corners of your eyes. It will catch the light and make your eyes sparkle.
Lay Down A Layer Of White
This trick will make your eyeshadow look so much brighter and more full of color!
Apply white eyeshadow to your eyelid before applying a colorful eye shadow to ensure that it will look as bright and bold on your eyes as it does in its container.
Focus On Your Eye Shape
If you have wide eyes, a bit of dark eye shadow in the corners of your eyes can help to balance them out nicely, while close-set eyes should have more dark eye shadow in the outer corners to widen the eyes.
If you have hooded eyes, your eye shadow might not be that visible so rather put your eye shadow underneath your lower lashes and at the outer corners of your eyes for the best result.
Do you need to use eye shadow primer?
A primer is essential to apply to your eyelids before you apply eye shadow because it will prevent it from creasing. It also makes your eyelids smooth so that eye shadow will remain on them all day long.
How do you prevent eye shadow from ending up on your face?
Make sure you do your makeup first and then the rest of your makeup so that if you end up with sprinkles of eye shadow on your face you can easily remove them without ruining your foundation, highlighter, and concealer.
You want more alluring eyes?
You don’t have to spend time applying more makeup to your eyelids. Less is more, as they say, and it can be much more effective – as long as you know how to apply eye shadow to your eyes.
It’s so true that eye shadow is the most important product to wear on your eyes because it brings warmth and color to them, but it can do so much more. It can make your eyes brighter and wider!
In this article, we’ve looked at some of the best eye shadow ideas, tips, and tricks to make your eyes bright and beautiful.