Bronzer is the finishing touch on your makeup.
Once you’ve done up your face, you need to contour and add some glow to your look, but sometimes it can be too glittery or shiny, which can look outdated.
What bronzer is the best to purchase?
When buying bronzer, you need to ensure that it gives you a natural, glowing complexion and it should be filled with nourishing ingredients to keep your skin healthy.
As you know, healthy skin is the most beautiful. With that in mind, let’s check out the best bronzer for fair skin 2020: from pale to fair skin in a flash, along with four alternatives. No matter what your complexion is, we’ve got you ready to glow.
Best Bronzer For Fair Skin – Reviews & Buying guide for 2020
Best Overall: LAURA GELLER NEW YORK Baked Bronze-N-Brighten Bronzer
This bronze comes in three gorgeous shades: deep, medium, and fair. All three deliver a sun-kissed effect you can enjoy year-round, without leaving you with a muddy or orange-streaked effect.
- Liquid pigment set in silky powder
- Full-day coverage
- When you look at this bronzer you’ll see it’s swirled like marble. The swirls in the bronzer are liquid pigment that is baked on terracotta tiles before made into silky domes of powder. These create radiant skin.
- This bronzer is not limited for use as a bronzer – you can use it as an eye shadow or eye liner, and it’s the best bronzer for contouring fair skin.
- There’s nothing worse than dealing with makeup that disappears halfway into the day. This bronzer offers full-day coverage.
- It’s really easy to blend and feels smooth on your skin.
- This bronzer is good for your skin. It contains antioxidants that protect your skin against free radicals.
- Some people who have purchased this bronzer have reported that it was darker than they thought, so that’s something to bear in mind when choosing a shade.
- This bronzer is not tested on animals.
- It really does stay on for the whole day as some people who have purchased it have stated that it only came off when they used makeup remover.
Bronzer means you can stay out of the harsh sun that ages and damages your skin and still achieve a sun-kissed glow.
Runner Up: Vita Liberata Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish
If you’re looking for the best bronzer for your face and body, this is the one. Not only does it make your face glow but it’s the best body bronzer for fair skin! Here’s what you should know about it and why it should replace the sunbed for good.
- Natural and certified organic
- Body blur technology
- This is highly versatile because you can use it all over your body, including your face, preventing you from having to purchase a separate bronzer.
- It blurs imperfections on your skin while also reflecting the light, thanks to its body blur technology. This is made up of natural and certified organic extracts that fight ageing skin.
- It contains aloe vera that hydrates, softens, and moisturizes the skin, which also improves your skin’s firmness.
- You can use it on its own, as a prep for makeup, or even go one step further and mix it with your foundation for a more natural look.
- These days so many makeup products are focused on not just making you look amazing but also boosting the health of your skin. This bronzer is filled with skin-boosting benefits, such as shea butter to repair and hydrate skin and Vitamin E that protects the body against free radicals.
- Some people who have purchased this bronzer have stated that when they wear it on their body it does tend to transfer onto their clothing, so that’s something to watch for.
- Some people have stated that this product will go on quite dark on fair skin.
- It’s resistant to water so it won’t let you down on really hot days.
- You can use this bronzer to hide scars and spider veins so that your skin looks clearer and smoother.
- With some bronzers, you’re limited to them being a certain strength and color, but with this one you can layer it to achieve the best look you want, whether that’s a gentle glow or a bronze tan. That’s what makes it the best tanning bronzer for fair skin.
- It’s completely free of silicone, parabens, and alcohol. It also doesn’t contain any perfume, which is great if you’re sensitive to smell and if you don’t want your bronzer to interfere with the fragrance you wear.
This Vita Liberata bronzer will save you money because you won’t have to buy separate products for your face and body.
Alternative: Jane Iredale Golden Bronzer Refill
Jane Iredale is renowned in the beauty industry as an organic brand. Be more mindful of what you’re putting on your skin and reap the benefits of a more glowing complexion.
- Versatile for many uses
- Four different colors to mix and match
- Eco-friendly and natural
- This bronzer comes in a variety of colors to suit your complexion and make it glow. These are Moonglow, which features honey-brown tones, Peaches and cream, which is a more bronze color with sunset tones, Rose Dawn, which is the best bronzer for fair skin with pink undertones, and Sunbeam, which seems to be a bit of a blend of other colors because it has some brownish and violet tones.
- You can use this bronzer in a variety of ways, such as on your eyes and lips.
- It’s filled with nutritious ingredients that are good for your skin, such as pine bark extract as well as pomegranate extract to fight free radicals.
- Some people who purchased this item online reported that it arrived broken into pieces.
- Others have reported that they preferred this bronzer’s old design, which separated the color tones into different sections instead of this design that makes use of stripes as it was easier to use.
- You can easily mix and match the shades to give you a unique look. This is also a fantastic way to make your product go further.
- This bronzer is good for the environment as well as your skin. By committing to removing excess water and air from products, the company ensures that their products require less packaging, which reduces their carbon emissions.
Alternative: theBalm Manizer Beauty Kit
If you’re looking for something a little different, you’ll love this unique bronzer with cheeky packaging. It’s a translucent pressed matte shimmer bronzer. Let’s check it out in more detail.
- Light-diffusing properties
- Rich pigment
- This is a bronzer that also works as a face shimmer and you can use it to contour.
- It contains mica to diffuse the light so that your skin looks soft and smooth.
- You can also use this bronzer on your eyes to give you a glow.
- This product can be layered without it becoming metallic and looking unnatural on your skin.
- People who have purchased this bronzer have reported that it tends to crack easily.
- Others have said that the product packaging could be better as it can cause the bronzer to crack and break before delivery.
- It’s not too shiny or glittery, so it provides you with a natural glow that won’t overpower your other makeup. This makes it the best matte bronzer for fair skin that can also double up as a shimmer bronzer.
- The four colors are all extremely pigmented so you get the color you want with a small amount.
This bronzer by theBalm will give you a natural glow, but you can buy all three products and use them at the same time – one as a highlighter, the second to contour, and the third as a blush!.
Alternative: Perricone MD No Makeup Bronzer
If you want a totally healthy, natural look, this Perricone bronzer is your must have! Here’s what to know about it.
- Universal shade
- Vitamin C
- You don’t have to worry about choosing from different shades to suit your complexion. This Perricone no-makeup bronzer product is one shade that flatters all skin tones.
- If you wear bronzer and then forget about wearing sunscreen or don’t wear it because it messes up your makeup application, you’ll never give it a miss again. This bronzer contains SPF 15 to protect your skin and keep it looking healthy.
- The whole point of wearing bronzer is to create more warmth in your skin without feeling weighed down by your products. This bronzer is a light formula that’s extremely blendable.
- It contains Vitamin C, an antioxidant that brightens the skin and removes imperfections.
- Some people don’t like that this product comes in a dropper form as it can sometimes be difficult to draw product out of it.
- Some people who have sensitive skin have reported that this product was too harsh for them.
- Thanks to its thin consistency, you can also layer this bronzer to create more warmth if that’s what you want without ending up with too-thick makeup.
- It’s cruelty-free and 100% vegan.
You only need a few drops of Perricone bronzer when using it so it’s sure to last you a long time. Here’s to sun-kissed skin that makes you look like you’re not wearing any makeup!
Bronzer For Fair Skin FAQ
Now that we’ve looked at the best bronzers for your complexion, let’s answer some common bronzer questions so you use it in the best way to give you a silky-smooth and glowing face.
What is the use of bronzer?
Bronzer is a makeup product that you should use to make your skin look sun-kissed without you having to spend extra time under the sun’s harsh rays. But bronzer has many other benefits you might not know about.
You can use bronzer to darken some areas of your face so that you can highlight its structure, such as your cheekbones. That’s why it’s said you should use bronzer on the highest points of your face where the sun would naturally strike them.
You can also use bronzer in a more subtle way so that you focus on giving your skin a healthy glow. That’s why sometimes people use it instead of blush.
Many bronzers, such as those we’ve featured in our reviews of the best bronzers are packed with healthy antioxidants, so while they help you to brighten your skin they also work to keep your skin youthful.
It’s a misconception to think that you should use bronzer to replace a fake tan. It’s actually supposed to make you look healthier with a natural skin glow!
Should I wear blush or bronzer?
We’ve already touched on how some people choose to use bronzer instead of blush, but you can actually use both to enhance your skin. You just have to make sure you follow some tips!
- Apply your blush first to the apples of your cheeks.
- Then, use your bronzer to lift your cheekbones – apply it in the hollow of your cheeks.
- Use a makeup brush to blend them together for a smoother appearance.
You might wonder what the real differences are between blush and bronzer. Here’s the lowdown.
Basically, blush is used to provide warmth and pink tones to your cheeks. This gives you a natural, fresh-faced look, while warming up your skin. Think of how you’d look if you’d just gone for a run on a cool fall morning. It’s that which you want to achieve with blush.
Bronzer, on the other hand, gives your skin a sun-kissed, bronze, glow. Although it’s sometimes said that bronzer gives you a summery look, you can definitely wear it all year around.
What is the difference between bronzer and contour?
Although you can use bronzer to contour your face, there are differences between a bronzing and contouring product.
Bronzer is used to warm up your face, as we’ve already mentioned, and this means that you want to apply it to places where the sun would naturally strike you, such as your cheeks and forehead.
Bronzer is usually shimmery in design and that’s what gives your skin such a beautiful glow.
An easy way to apply bronzer is to hold your bronzer brush at your temples and make a number “3” with it along your hairline, over the apple of your cheek, and then back to the edge of your face. By using a circular movement, you’ll create a blended effect.
Contouring is used to add shadows and structure to your face to make it look more defined. This means that you’d want to apply it to your jawline and cheekbones to define them. Contouring products are usually matte in finish, without being shimmery.
To apply contour, you’ll need to begin at your forehead.
You then want to glide the contour along the temples or hairline, before moving down to the hollow parts of your cheekbones and then, finally, glide along the jawline. Make sure you blend the product well with a brush or makeup blender.
Does bronzer go on before or after foundation?
You should reach for your bronzer brush after you’ve applied your foundation, otherwise the foundation could cause it to disappear.
Using foundation first also helps to create smoother skin so that the bronzer will glide on easily. If you wear a concealer, it should also go on your skin before you use bronzer.
Bronzer is an important item of makeup to have in your makeup box! It warms up your skin, helping it to look healthier and brighter.
It can be used with or without blush, but if you want that “just got back from the Bahamas” look, you’ll definitely want to make it part of your regular makeup routine.
In this article, we’ve featured five of the best bronzer products on the market. Whether you steer towards cruelty-free, organic makeup or you want a bronzer that you can use in a variety of ways, now you know which one is best for you to purchase.